Saturday, January 5, 2013

KILI JOSHYAM(Parrot Astrology)


We are accustomed to certain beliefs and customs which  we find   very difficult to come out from them .
One such thing is our belief in Horoscopes Our urge in finding  what’s in store for us in the future based on our planetary positioning(and of course off late to know what we were in our previous birth) We resort to all possible science and art that can tell our prophecy.

Even thou after Mayans prediction, falling apart and giving us a sigh of relief, That these predictions have a 50:50 chance , our love for seeking such help in the form of Astrology ,numerology,  palmistry, tarot reading, nameology,  nadi joditham and of course kili  joshayam cannot be shelved. Visiting a jodidar(fortune teller)Happened only once or twice in the life of people. Once they are born, which was revisited again when Parents decided to get their children married.
But now without seeking expert advice from Many renowned soothsayers, we never want to carry on with our daily work ,  An argument with your neighbor, no good going with your boss, a tiff with your spouse India not winning a match, Our kids not fairing well in exams, well all these have something to literally do with Guru, Rahu, Kethu, Saturn,  Mars, Moon, or Mercury.
(As long as mankind lives and as long as we believe that the planets are super powerful than our Gods and Godesses,) we are not going to restrict our enthusiasm in supporting these art which has now become high paying livelihood for many ,in the name of speciality and with our greed that we want to be better off than our colleague, friend, neighbor, sister, brother, in-laws and parents have made us to seek remedial help from various corners  vastu , Feng shui ,dresscode,etc etc

Now don’t ask me whether I am a non believer of these, I believe every bit of them at least, at that instant, and so its only an attempt to share my experience and to console you had you undergone a similar one.As a part of educating our ignorance
I always have an admiration to call the kili jhosyam man to have a reading of the cards,I do this occasionally when bored ,more than knowing what’s the prediction, its more an excitement to see the parropt  at such close range  and to watch it doing its job of skillfully picking up the stacked cards one by one with its beak ,throwing out a few or at times till the last card and than handing over one to its trained master, collecting a corn of paddy and obediently getting into its small cage.
In variably every time I would have spent at least 100 bugs, each time I had called one and would have picked up cards for at least ,eight to 10 people and decided to wind up always in a bad mood, because the man predicted some thing ill for some one.
Well Persons who have tried this might agree that the first few cards that the bird picks up, contains some images of gods and the man normally blabbers some thing positive about the person, and you can find that what he says and the image he holds in hand has no relevance. But still we feel elated for those nice words and are tempted to seek advice one after another, Now having comfortably played with our emotion and having assessed our frame of mind that we believe whatever is told.
 Now its time for us to ask the bird to pick a card for the dear most among us, The devil in him comes out and the bird hands over a card, to him even before opening it ,He make a disgusted expression and than opens up a card with a snake, and says  OH ,WHO ever it is, their time and fortune is not good, they are influenced by an evil eye and what not, now its time for him to read the expression on our face and scare us more. He would not allow you to wind up, as if to calm us down,  he would say, you pick up a card let us see what is in store, YOU WOULD AGAIN FIND A different snake pulled out from the enclosed cover, and he would re establish, that the person is processed with ill fate, once he fixes up this,He would come up with his dangerous theory of parigaram(remedy).
Many times we stop this episode here and with a confused mind keep thinking about this prediction and   of course spoil our peace of mind.Vacillating with mixed thoughts and at times ,thinking whether we made a mistake of not accepting to do the parigaram.
 I did encounter a recent episode like this. in the recent days.which made me to go with some intropection .
It made me to think logically about the small trick that’s played against us, The entire stack hardly contained 10-12 cards and he held in his hand at least 4 -5 cards opened with a image of a snake but a different picture, with this probability the first card also could have opened up with a snake ,but no it never happens, because, he has to at least make a good start and keep you in the loop, well how does this game go ,if we carefully see him pulling out a sheet ,its evident that the enclosure does not contain a single paper, but at least four to 5 images stuffed into one and definitely one image of a snake is kept in all the cards in a separate slot(similar to the magician pushing a sword into a box and pulling out an unhurt man)THAT’S THE REASON HE PREDICTS IT EVEN WITHOUT OPENING ,MAKING A VERY SAD EXPRESSION.
When, the person was trying to persuade me to give In to his demand, to go with the parigaram, I gathered all my guts and told him I believe in god and with gods help and presence ,no evil can hurt me,He gave me a distraught look, ok,ok I had to say and caution you, its up to you. And for the first time I also realized my ignorance when gods grace is with us what can predictions do to us,So lets all cheerup,I know by now many of us would have read the predictions for this new year and some would be flying high ,while others have lost the years charms. Let us believe in ourself and also feel the presence of God alongside, we are definitely going to have a great year.If Mayan can go wrong,We have all chaces of A Parrot,CAN BE WRONG TOO.............  


5 comments:

  1. Meena this post did a favor to me three years later. I can't thank you enough for clearing my cloud of doubt and boosting my will power. I went through a very similar incident 8 years ago. Yes 8 years, when out of curiosity my mom got my sisters and my fortune checked by a parrot. So while the fortune teller opened up a God balajis picture for my sister and told her the nicest words abt education and knowledge, he opened up an image of a devil for me. That sank my heart to my balls. My mom was a little disturbed and that guy tried convince us to pay him 1000rs for some ritual. My mom shut the door and tried to convince herself that it was all bull shit. I forgot about it once I got back to my cartoons. Now 8 years later, while I am battling with my inconsistencies and evils and coming to a realization of what kind of a selfish, incompetent and dangerous person I have turned into, I look back to whether the parrot was right and whether my fucking planets were really misaligned. To console myself, I did a Google search and right on ur blog came to my rescue. I think it's all in my head to mend my character and be a positive person. That's a lot Meena. Can't thank you enough for this post.

    Btw great blog man. I will read through the remaining of the posts too. One of the things I lost along the way is my grip over English vocabulary as it got adulterated with hindi and telugu during the last 5 years. Now I plan to revive it and mugging up flash cards doesn't help. Hence I want to start a blog. The current blogs out there frighten me due to their pedantic words and gaudy language. But your blog is very clean, comprehensive, delivers the point and reading through is a breeze without keeping the dictionary close. I would like some tips on how to start as l have never blogged before and I would love to start. Is there any way I can get in contact with you? Looking forward to your reply.

    Cheers,
    Vijay

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my life In all time, parrot does not even came out his cave..... What is the meaning of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth is stranger than fiction. I cannot say anything else

    ReplyDelete